Re: [tlug] A few SPAM questions...

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 09:28:59PM +0900, Jonathan Byrne wrote:
> David Santinoli (u235@example.com) wrote:
>
> > 30% Korea (especially from educational institutions like schools)
>
> Do you mean 30% of the spam you get comes from Korea, or comes
> through Korea (that is, the open relay is in Korea)?

Originates from Korea. Looks like spammers are in control of many (I'd say
all...) of the machines in the Korean educational system, and an increasing
number of them likes to hit the victims in a direct-to-MX fashion.

Curiously, the messages' charsets are almost always iso-8859-1 or plain ASCII.
I very rarely receive spam in non-Western languages.

Ciao
 David