Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Selective mojibake email
- To: <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Selective mojibake email
- From: "SN_Diamond" <Norman.Diamond@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 12:17:13 +0900
- Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit
- Content-type: text/plain;charset="iso-8859-1"
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org><email@example.com><20020228162320.GC472@example.com><20020301114157.E27514@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
"Viktor Pavlenko" <email@example.com> suffered thusly: > Well, once I had to write a couple of perl scripts to parse and output > RTF, a genuine Microsoft invention. Can you believe it, RTF produced > by word wouldn't parse according to their own specs! Not to tell you > what a dreadful format it was... You know Wordpad, the one that's built into MS overrating systems and takes control of .doc files when Word isn't installed? Word (at least versions 95 and 97) even has trouble reading .rtf files written by Wordpad, and vice-versa. Of course, in a lot of companies it's standard for developers not to read each other's specs, and it's standard for managers not to even read specs that they themselves write. Therefore maybe Microsoft actually conforms to two standards.
- Re: [tlug] Selective mojibake email
- From: Matt Doughty
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Selective mojibake email
- Next by Date: [tlug] upcoming Linux-related events in Tokyo area
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Selective mojibake email
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Selective mojibake email
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links