Re: [tlug] Selective mojibake email

    MD> [...]
    >>
    >> Of course, if you want to talk about deployment and
    >> documentation, the picture isn't quite so pretty.
    >>

    MD> None of it is terribly pretty.  Does MS do everything wrong?
    MD> No of course not, but as far as standards go they tend to
    MD> implement them their own way often in an apparent attempt to
    MD> subvert, but sometimes out of apparent laziness where they
    MD> don't seem to care about operability outside the MS
    MD> sphere. You are right however documentation is truly horrible.

Well, once I had to write a couple of perl scripts to parse and output
RTF, a genuine Microsoft invention. Can you believe it, RTF produced
by word wouldn't parse according to their own specs! Not to tell you
what a dreadful format it was...

staying away from microsoft and feeling happy,
Viktor

P.S. ... and wishing you the same :)