Re: [tlug] LPI accreditation

Hello,

> Dear  All,
>
> I'm thinking of trying for some Linux accreditation, partly as a focus to
> learn more about Linux, and partly to enhance my resume. I've read a bit
> about RHCE's, but I don't use Red-Hat (could switch I suppose), but also
> about LPI Linux Professional Institute.  Has anyone heard anything about
> this, or about accreditation on Linux in general. Thanks

You can take LPI ,Linux+, Sair tests in Japan.

They are deployed by VUE(http://www.vue.com). For LPI, both Japanese
version and English one is available in Japan. Linux+ and Sair are
English only. The cost of one LPI test is $100 in the US and 15,000
yen in Japan.

The most difficult part actually is to register to VUE. You have to
download an exe file from VUE. Execute the file in the DOS environment
and you get an MS-Excel file. Fill the form and attach to an email.

Linux+ is a certification developed by Comptia.
Sair Linux and GNU Certification is operated by Thomson Learning.

You can also take RHCE in Japan. The test itself costs 70,000yen.