Re: [tlug] Cable modem, which mode ?

> Basic Ethernet technology is half-duplex.

According to the original spec, yes.  Late-generation chips (the Seeq 8003 for
certain, as well as TI chips) are capable of full-duplex, as long as they are used
with a capable switch (my Cat1924 would do it).

> "Full-duplex Ethernet" is a hacky thing using two Ethernet "connections".

*chuckle* Which is why autonegotiation is a tricky thing ...

> Take away them collisions and the common channel and it's like Christianity
> without Christ.

I'm stealing this for my quotefile.

-- Chris