Re: [tlug] Per-packet mpeg editor?

Jonathan Byrne writes:
 > Marcus O. C. Metzler (mocm@example.com) wrote:
 >
 > > What do you mean by packet? Do you mean a frame?
 >
 > Probably.  Gnu vcdimager calls it a packet and gives a number.
 > It's specific complaint is that the packet is too big, and
 > it stops encoding the mpeg stream for vcd at that point.  Hence
 > my hope to remove the bad one from the stream.

I guess what vcdimager means is that the packet consisting of PS
header and PES packet is larger than 2324 bytes, which is required for
VCD. You can not cut that packet. It is part of the mpeg stream and
you would have a bad picture and maybe more problems. What you can do
is to demux the stream into video and audio elementary streams and
remux them with either mplex from the mpegtools in the DVB drivers or
better from the mjpeg package (I don't remeber the correct name right
now). You can use the demux programs from the mpegtools if the mjpeg
package can't do that.
Isn't there a tool included in vcdimager, that prepares mpeg streams
for VCD? Or maybe it was something with a similar name. Try a search
for vcd at freshmeat.net. I haven't tried burning VCDs or SVCDs for a
while, I just bought larger harddrives :).

Marcus