Re: [tlug] Using TAR

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 07:58:15PM -0800, roy lo wrote:
> pardon my french;
> but can you ppl. fucking read???
> did I say it won't fit? quote it to me!!
> I say it is going to have problem. he is running to low on his partition
> space. 59M that is 92% of his partition, which is a very bad ideal.
> and I don't think you need me to explain why that is bad. do you?

At your request.

RL>Apparently, you(chris) forgot the fact that /lib and /bin are NOT links
RL>from /usr in linux. (For those of you didn't know; in Unix systems such
RL>as Solaris, that /bin -> /usr/bin and /lib -> /usr/lib). So, your
RL>suggested 64mb is going to have problem (in a linux standard
RL>installation per say)

Now if your were suggesting that there would be _another_ problem
besides space please share with us.  Is there something magic about
64M, and not linking /usr /lib? Perhaps some insider driver knowledge
you have? Your implication was that it wouldn't work, and you continue
to ignore his caveate of needing to expand for todays excesses. I don't
have to time for your back tracking, and quibbling on a technicality
regarding how much should or shouldn't be in the a partition. If it is a
relatively static partition it doesn't make a difference.  Basically, you
got irritated at Chris, and started nit-picking, and then got irritated
when the table was turned.  Anyway there is your quote. Now your turn,
where did Chris say he was talking about solaris(which isn't classic unix
just ask all the admins who had a fit when they were forced to go switch from
SunOS), or linux for that matter?

--Matt