Re: [tlug] Dont understand???? help please

Shimpei Yamashita wrote:

> If I have to choose between having to use a crap tool twice a year,
> and having to dig around man pages and HOWTOs for a couple of hours
> trying to remember obscure config options twice a year, I'll take the
> crap tool, live with the crappiness and save myself four hours.  If
> it's happening every few days, though, I'll learn the magic words
> instead and try to optimize my work flow.  It's all about saving time
> and effort.

Probably it didn't happen to you, but once I fired up linuxconf to get an
administrative task done and "save time and effort". Well, linuxconf got the job
done, but it resisted in making several additional changes. For example changing
permissions here and there, breaking my internet connection, etc. Took me much
longer to fix up the crap that linuxconf made than it would have taken if i just
did that administrative task from the command line.
I never started linuxconf again...

--
B0Ti.