Re: [tlug] Using TAR

On Thu, 2002-02-14 at 16:10, BOTi wrote:

> That's what partitions are for.

Again, my technical incapabilities show themselves here. Up to now, I
had been installing Mandrake under Recommended mode (afraid to try
anything else). But that was giving me

\    376 mb
\usr 5 GB

Naturally that 376 mb was filling up almost immediately. I reinstalled
on expert moder with

\   376 Mb
\home 1.2 GB
\usr  3.8 GB

I hope that holds me for a while, but I would be interested in knowing
how this looks to Linux veterans. Also, when I do a full backup, which
directories are essential? I assume home is, and that tmp and swap
aren't. But I am unclear about those in between.

Regards,

Chuck