Re: [tlug] Dont understand???? help please

Gavin wrote:

> lDear Group,
>
> I'm trying to secure my system (mandrake 8.0) I have the security settings
set to high and tiny fire wall set up to block everything except ssh
connections but I still get this warning.. could someone please
> translate this or tell what I should be looking for. and a good book or
site that can instruct me on how to read these logs.. thanks for all your
help. God Bless

I'm not an expert but I check that files in a RedHad 7.2 box configured to
high security level in the installation, and that files had the same
permitions. So I think you don't have to worry about it. I think that files
need writeble permitions because other users need to use them when start the
X.
I think that the opened ports is normal, but maybe is better you check what
kind of services are running. Try with ntsysv to see what daemons are
running, that maybe some one can try to use.

Pietro.