Re: [tlug] Lost my XWindows

Generally when X fails to initialise, you will get a message with the
line number of the file that is the problem.  In the past when I have
had issues with X starting after reconfiguring something, it was with
the XF86Config file (may be called XF86Config-4, depending on your
version), located in /etc/X11/XF86Config.

As Dmytro suggested, the best bet is to try and send the actual error.
Good luck!

Andy Hunne