Re: [tlug] Good Books on Perl

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002 00:28:47 +0900, Gavin <gauin_36@example.com> wrote to
tlug@example.com:

> I need some advice, I'm intrested in learning perl, what books do you
> suggest for  a super NEW programmer..

I'd go for "Programming Perl, 3rd edition" by none other than Larry Wall et
al. (O'Reilly).

This is considered to be *the* reference in Perl books, mainly because Larry
Wall wrote Perl in the first place. It starts really at the basics and
doesn't assume any prior knowledge of Perl, and yet it also goes into great
details later on. Well worth it IMO.