From: Michael Doughty [mailto:Doughty_Michael@example.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 2:22 AM
To: tlug@example.com
Subject: Re: [tlug] erasing hard drive?

You do want to partition.  What you want to do is destroy the
current partition.  Than you can allow the auto partition to do
it's thing if you find fdisk/disk druid intimidating.

Here is how to do that in fdisk (sorry, never used disk druid):
when it starts up you will get a prompt that ends with a :,
actually it looks like
 Command (m for help):
use p to see which partitions you have right now.
press 'd' to start deleting it will ask you for a number in
a certain range.  Enter the number corresponding to the
partition you want destroyed.
use 'w' to save and exit.

See, fdisk isn't so scary.  =)

Good luck,