Re: [tlug] writing to USB storage device (was 'Disk on a keyfob')

Godwin Stewart (gstewart@example.com) wrote:

> I also use a USB storage device: a SanDisk Compact Flash card reader. The
> device shows up OK as /dev/sda and I can mount and read from /dev/sda1 fine.

I've been hoping to find out a few models of CF and/or Smart Media
readers sold in Japan that work with Linux so that I can make a
public list available for the benefit of TLUG (and others).  Could
you send me the model number of your Sandisk reader?

If anyone else has a reader that works well under Linux and/or
*BSD, please send me the info on it and I'll add it to list.

Or if you know of an existing English-language list of such
devices, stop me before I duplicate the effort :-)

TIA,

Jonathan