Re: TLUG ML prob Q (was Re: [tlug] writing to USB storage device ...)

On Sun, 10 Feb 2002 05:00:42 +0000, "Jean-Christian Imbeault"
<jean_christian@example.com> wrote to tlug@example.com:

> Pasted below is an email from Godwin Stewart to the tlug list. The
> Reply-to (tlug@example.com) seems ok but the To: field
> (tokyolug@example.com) is not what I expect.

The reason is simple.

My ISP (wanadoo.fr) has its output MTA's blacklisted all over the place
because they don't deny access to port 25 on subscribers' machines. This
means that any mail sent to tlug@example.com gets rejected by the mail
server.

The only solution for me was to set up a redirection on my domain which has
nothing to do with wanadoo.fr. I send a mail to the address you noticed and
it gets forwarded to the group's adress via Claranet, who aren't
blacklisted.

The only reason I stick with wanadoo.fr is because they're the only ISP who
do ADSL in this area.

Please bear with me for a while. I have kicked up one hell of a fuss with
wanadoo.fr and things have started to move. The helpdesk staff have recently
been told what blacklisting is (most of them didn't know) and instructed to
forward *all* complaints to the technical services. Up until now, complaints
about blacklisting would have been binned straight away.

One thing you could do in your filtering rules is look out for [tlug] in the
subject...