Re: [tlug] Disk imaging (was: Installing and uninstalling Netscape)

At 13:32 02/02/10 +0900, Charles Muller wrote:
>Thanks all, for your help with my doubled Netscape problem.
>
>There were a number of other little things that had gotten buggered up in
>the process of the installation, so I decided just to start again with a
>clean install.
>
>I had made images of the two Linux sectors with Norton Ghost the first time
>I had gotten a stable, satisfactory setup, but when I tried to restore
>these, the process just ground to a halt.
>
>Does anyone know of disk imaging software that supports Linux file formats?

Is it for backup purpose?  If so, all you need is, in my case, just save /etc, /home, /usr/local and some other directories (in .tar.gz format) and bring them back after reinstallation.

--
Coming Events
2002-02-15 Tokyo Linux Users Group Nomikai www.tlug.gr.jp