Re: [tlug] Does rxvt support kinput?

    Jim> The "most unique" *may* have been true when nkf was first
    Jim> written (I doubt it), but it is certainly not unique now.

Not, at least not working detection in my environment (at that time,
SunOS 4, JLE 1.3 IIRC).  Ken Lunde's jconv had it, and much more
accurate, before the versions of nkf I had access to did, circa 1991.
I always used jconv, because of '-c' (report the detected code and do
nothing), which nkf still doesn't provide AFAICT.