[tlug] Thumbdrive

I just saw an interesting product at the campus computer store -- a flash
drive that plugs into the USB port.  They seem come in sizes ranging from
16megs up to 256megs.  At least one of the products out there (marketed by our
old friends Iomega, I think?) comes with a keyfob holster.

RepliCoaster only takes up about 12 megabytes; so it should fit on the
cheapest version, which I expect will soon be remaindered in favor of a
DVD-scale replacement. I wonder if machines designed to boot from a device on
the USB port can be persuaded to boot from one of these things?  It would be
__very__ amusing to be able to recover data from a dead MS-Win machine with
a tool you keep on your keyring ...

Cheers,
Frank
Nagoya