[tlug] wireless lan

Mario> i want to buy a very small machine (no laptop, rather
Mario> "floortop") as the center piece of my forthcoming home
Mario> audio/video system and put linux on it.  i'd like to remote
Mario> control the system through a wireless lan. any wlan products
Mario> that are most likely to work with linux? any first-hand
Mario> experience available out there? safe bets?

i've used the sony pcwa-c100 and pcwa-a100 quite successfully under
many generations of redhat and turbolinux.  the pcwa-c100 wireless
card is based on the lucent chip and works fine with the standard
wvlan_cs.o driver.

typically, i have a laptop wired to my stereo broadcasting my favorite
internet radio stations most nights (wcbn.org and ktuh.org ;-) the
other thing i have done though not latel is run an icecast server from
my main pc and connect to that from another laptop via wireless from
different parts of the house depending where i want music.

						bruce