Re: [tlug] raidframe on NetBSD

Matt Doughty wrote:

> It depends on what port.  I'm not even 100% sure that they have
> even gotten it 100% straitened out in the i386 port. I would

sorry, port-i386.

From netbsd-user, Greg oster says:

Those of you following Source-Changes may have noticed that
RAIDframe is now enabled by default in GENERIC on a number
of architectures.  Hopefully it will soon be enabled in the
INSTALL kernels as well :)

RAIDframe currently weighs in at 230K on i386 (with debugging
turned off). Functionality includes RAID 0, 1, 4, and 5 with
all the various queues, autoconfig, and other goodies.

> suggest keeping a small partition set aside for boot.  RAID
> frame is already a handful enough without trying to get the
> boot block working correctly. Besides, you really don't want
> to RAID the swap space anyway, and at that point there is a
> compelling reason not to seperate off the boot partition also.

So it would appear that using a netbsd-current boot floppy, I
set up raidframe during the install. Hmmm, anyway, I'll have a
look more at the mail archives.

Thanks for your help,

jack_morgan