Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Help with CGI problem
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Help with CGI problem
- From: Keith Wilkinson <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 07:06:59 +0900
- Content-type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" ; format="flowed"
I'm having a major problem with the dopey tech. support at my Provider: When I try to run a CGI program I get the following "errors.txt" "Can't locate hpcgilimit.pm in @example.com (@example.com contains: ./lib/5.00503/sun4- solaris ./lib/5.00503 ./lib/site_perl/5.005/sun4- solaris ./lib/site_perl/5.005 .). BEGIN failed--compilation aborted." It's pretty obvious that hpcgilimit.pm is a Provider module that prevents individual user CGI programs from hogging more than their fair share of server CPU time, and the error message is a misconfiguration problem on their end, but the dopey Provider tech. support person just keeps repeating "we can't be responsible for fixing problems in user CGI". I wonder if someone could dash off a "one-line" compute loop CGI program that attempts to hog CPU time and thus would demonstrate to the dopey provider tech. support person that the problem is on his end? A simple Perl program that reads uname of the server (to determine which platform the server is running on) does not result in this error, so possibly this module is added only if a program has loops (which could turn out to be infinite loops).
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: [tlug] Re: gjiten 1.0
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Help with CGI problem
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Wanted: 53c875 SCSI card
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Help with CGI problem
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links