Re: [tlug] Linux ebooks

On Sat, Jan 19, 2002 at 05:01:47PM -0800, roy lo wrote:
> Why ebook? adobe is evil. (think of dimitry)
> anyway, if you are talking about online doc. instead of the actual "ebook"
> the follows is good (but I assume you might have read them all; already)
> http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX/categories.html

I work in an environment where personal laptops and media
are forbidden, with the exception of pilots and visors. :-/
Regardless of the controvery surrounding ebooks, ebooks are
useful. Anything useful is good, otherwise it lacks utility
and is bad.[1]  Granted if there were an open source solution
to ebook(adobe), I would choose the open source solution.

Thanks for the link. This is a good place for ideas.

-- Uva

[1] As for good and evil of a matter, check out "Beyond Good
and Evil" (1886) by Friedrich Nietzsche. It is an interesting
read to say the least.