Re: file transfer (Was: Re: RE: detecting eth0..now..how does that samba work ??)

[Martin Baehr (file transfer (Was: Re: RE: detecting eth0..now..how does that samba work ??)) writes:]
>> On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 10:59:32AM +0900, Doughty, Michael wrote:
>> > No.  I can't really imagine any sort of file transfer type protocol
>> > running solely UDP.  It's kinda important to know that the data
>> > actually got there.
>> why?
>> it's only a question of where you do the checking.

Exactly. TFTP uses UDP, and of course NFS, which has moved more files
than all other protocols put together, was built around UDP.

Jim

--
Jim Breen  [j.breen@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/]
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 3298