Re: tar limitations?

Im surprised noone has mentioned file system file size limitation here.
ext2 has a limit of 2GB. Reiserfs has a work around that problem and the
limit is raised higher (I cant remeber what, but similar to that of fat32)
than we will reach any time soon.

But a few weeks ago, I couldnt copy a 3GB file from a fat32 partition to
reiserfs, but it worked when I did a mkreiserfs on a new drive and tried
the same thing. May have been newer reiserfsprogs, but didnt get a chance
to find out.

asz