Re: Printing PostScript

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@example.com> writes:

> [...]

[...]

>     Mike> The resulting pdf file can be displayed by both Acroread and
>     Mike> xpdf.
>
> That is, assuming Acroread doesn't crash.  I've never tried the Linux
> version,

I've never tried the Windows version, but the Linux version worked
for me, it displayed pdf files produced by Ghostscript and pdflatex
just fine.

> but as of April the most recent Windows version on Japanese
> WinMeHarder WonMeHarder every time.  In fact, it locked Windows;
> hard reset, do not pass Go, do not collect 200 kB of unsaved Word
> files.  Not just on Japanese, either.  See also
>
> http://www.xemacs.org/Documentation/index.html#AcrobatBug
>
> This caveat evidently applies to pdf[la]tex as well.

For example, http://www.suse.de/~mfabian/suse-cjk.pdf is produced with
pdflatex and seems to work OK with Acroread 4.05 on Linux.

> I haven't tried it recently so I don't know whether Ghostscript has
> worked around the Adobe (and acknowledged as such by Adobe to Aladdin)
> bugs yet.  The gs that produced the problem PDFs was ~7.04.

On Linux I didn't run into any problems yet.

--
Mike Fabian   <mfabian@example.com>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。