Re: can't input Japanese in kinput2 (And what I've learned)

Scott (scottro@example.com) wrote:

> various things--as mentioned, some of them were samba and openssh.  Next
> time, after each program is installed, I will test the things I need (such
> as kinput2) to ensure that they're working properly.

Neither Samba nor OpenSSH did that to you.  Only packages that
directly affect your ability to use an input method are
going to be at fault here.  It could even be kinput2 itself,
if the package is bad. Scott S. mentioned the usual environment
suspects to look at, too.

> OK--in case any of you didn't get replies, yes, both my wife and I work
> well uptown from the World Trade Center and our home is also uptown from

Wow, I wasn't aware that you were even in NYC.  Very glad to hear
you're safe and all right.

Jonathan