Re: can't input Japanese in kinput2

On 00:07 2001/09/17 +0900, Jonathan Q wrote
>Scott (scottro@example.com) wrote:
>

>Does this mean it worked before?  AFAIK the kernel neither knows
>nor cares about stuff like Japanese input or display.  It's not into
>language environments, so that *shouldn't* have made any difference.
>But did you change anything else around that time?  Upgrade anything?

Yes, a lot of things.  :)  Not having run into this problem before, I got a
bit careless, as this is not a work box, it's an old, dying one used for
learning.  (I think I just relearned to keep the old kernel. :)  )
Added and configured Samba, SSH, iptables, etc. etc.

>If you boot your old kernel (keeping those around for a while
>is always a good idea) does it fix it?  I would think not, but
>hey, surprise me :-)

Of course---this is the ONE FREAKEN' TIME that I didn't keep the old
kernel---hubris always comes before a fall.  EVERY TIME  (sorry for
shouting, but I'm annoying myself) I always keep it for a day or two.

Thanks--I may just wipe and reinstall again, and this time keep track.

Scott