Re: ISDN Terminal Adapter MN128mini-V

Thomas Piekenbrock (thomas.piekenbrock@example.com) wrote:

> I have an ISDN Terminal Adapter, NTT MN128mini-V, which is

Go here:

http://home.gol.com/support/e/faq/init/index.html

Scroll down to the NTT MN128 Mini and grab the appropriate
init string for 64K or 128K.

I don't know how well, or if, it will work on USB, but
a TA in a serial port can be used just like a modem.
Use that init string in wvdial and it should work.

FWIW, MN128s seem to have more support issues than many
Japansese TAs, I wouldn't have one myself.  NEC models
generally seem to work really well, and the Yamaha RTA-5x
(currently 52, I think?) ISDN routers also work very well
in TA mode or as a dialup router.  The beauty of using
it as a dialup router is you don't have to deal with
init strings and such.  You just set up a dial-on-demand
configuration and plug ethernet into it.

HTH,

Jonathan