Re: Slow ADSL !

On Sun, 9 Sep 2001, Asa Liton wrote:

> > When you get to the LILO prompt on boot, type "linux apm=off acpi=off" and hit
> > return.
>
> I tried to do this. What I get is:
>
> grub> linux apm=off acpi=off
> Error 27:Unrecognized command
>
> Is there any other way to do that?

hm are you using Caldera?  I know Caldera uses grub, not sure on other
distros.  anyway, do you have the grub menuing window thing?  ie, can you
highlight the line that begins with "kernel" and push "e" to edit it?  If
you can, tack the "apm=off acpi=off" to the end of that line.

Scott M. Stone <sstone@example.com>
Director of Information Technology, Director of Research and Development
ITIsOpen, Inc. - http://www.itisopen.com
Cisco Certified Network Associate, Sun Solaris Certified Systems Administrator