RE: fresh install on crashed disk

First of all, let me say thank you to Mr. Tim Hurman, Mr. Norman
Diamond, and Mr. Shimpei Yamashita for giving me good advice.
After some hours of work, I think I'm more confused than before...

Well, this is what I did so far.. :
Tim> 1) reset the BIOS to its defaults, enabling a full memory check.
Tim> 2) check the cables/memory are seated properly inside the PC.
Tim> 3) start dismantling the PC step by step checking for hardware faults,
and
Tim> booting after each config change to see if that helped.
Ok, I am a pretty lazy person (I sometimes wonder why I play
around with Linux..). I've done (1) but just didn't feel like (2)
nor (3). I was guessing that it was because of the hard disk.
I took it out and stuck it into another PC. Then I put Debian
CD to try booting  (well, the reason why I didn't use Kondara
CD was just that I forgot to take it out from the original PC..).

...and it worked, it booted up..  well, at that point I still believed
that it was the hard disk problem, so I just wiped out the whole
drive by installing debian on it. Now, I put the hard disk back
in the original PC. I turned it on...  Debian boots up.

Ok, then I put Kondara CD (that's what I wanted to install
originally), turned on the PC...   same result...  Kernel panic..
the same with Win2k CD..  error in .SIF file.

I guess..  it wasn't really hard disk problem. But then, funny thing
is the fact that I can put Debian CD and it boots up with no problem..

Whw.. why.. why..    Is it because there's a problem in some
peripherals..?  ...and Debian doesn't really look into them at install
time, as opposed to Kondara and Win2k which detect it right away
and halt the system..    (sorry, it's a groundless comment..)
Or is it just that the god is telling me to switch to Debian from now on..?
Btw, Kondara is ver 2.0 and Debian is 2.2

Or..  maybe I'm supposed to check each hardware component
just as Mr. Yamashita suggested..  ;_;

Aghhh..

-mune