fresh install on crashed disk

Hi, I have a problem not being able to boot up my computer.

Well, I just came back from a long vacation, and booted up
my desktop PC in my dorm. The funny thing is that,
after a while, it went back to a login prompt for some reasons,
and I just couldn't login anymore.

So I turned it off, and restarted again.. Apparently my file system
got corrupted and even restoring superblock didn't work..
So I ended up not being able to boot it again.

Wells.. I've been using my laptop most of the time, and I was
gonna install new Kondara distro on to this desktop anyways..
So I just decided to do a fresh install.. but then, it won't even
allow that.

I get following messages after putting Kondara CD and booting
the computer:
Kernel command line: initrd=initrd.img text devfs=nomount BOOT_IMAGE=vmlinuz
Initializing CPU #0
Detected 400.915 MHz processor
Console: colour VGA+ 80x25
Calibrating delay loop...  799.53 BogoMIPS
Kernel BUG at page_alloc.c: 73!
invalid operand: 0000
CPU: 0
EIP: 0010: [<c0124de2>]
EFLAGS:00010292
Code: ...
Kernel panic: Attempted to kil the idle task!
In idle task - not syncing

...and it freezes right there..

Using Win2k CD doesn't work as well..
It says that there's an error at line 7038 of .SIF file. Then freezes..

Would anyone know what I can do to fix this? And what exactly is going
on here?
All I want to do is to have fresh install. I don't really have any essential
files
in this computer.

-mune