Re: The last unhelpful post to this thread (was Re: Slow ADSL ! ENOUGH)

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 11:24:39AM -0700, roylo wrote:
> Mr. Morgan

Please call me Jack

> In Japanese there is a saying "minoru hodo koube wo tareru inahokana"

which means what? How is it related to my comment?

> which doesn't seems like the case with people in this mailing list.
> I don't know about archan's background, but I'm work mainly as
> network/security system admin (Linux/Solaris).
> so, I consider myself a technical person as well.

Nobody is saying your not a technical person. I think your missing the point.
What I was trying to say was that when someone posts a generalisation such as
"I think there is something wrong with your Linux configuration", the people
on this list will respond with a negative comment more so then any other kind
of post. The above example was interpreted as not being very helpful to the
original poster.

So my comment below was just some friendly advice to keep post to this list
either specific solutions to problems or detailed descriptions of problems. If
someone follows this simple advice, they are less likely to receive negative
more understanding and less sarcasm.

I hope this helps,
Jack Morgan