Re: crc error when booting

Ok, installing from CDROM, here are some things to check:

One thing to try is reset the BIOS to the factory values. Most BIOSes are
able to force the clock on the DRAM to a series of values. If you have
slow memory and are clocking it too fast or fast refresh memory that isn't
being refreshed enough, it can cause these sorts of problems. Under
windows they just appear as a system crash. Also have you tried the
bootdisks?, on the Slackware CDROM, there are two disks you need, bare.i
and color.gz along with rawrite, a program to write them from under
windows. It may also be worth taking the cover off your pc and checking
the IDE cables for connectivity/damage. Also you could check that the DRAM
is seated properly. Also enable a full ram check in the BIOS (turn off
fastboot), this isnt the best ram checker, but it may show something up.

Tim.