Re: Broadband Router/Firewall

    Stephen> Maybe I can run it from ramdisk and shut off the HDD
    Stephen> after boot?

You could even go diskless with either a floppy boot or a network
boot.

However, diskless firewalls aren't a good idea.  If and when you
actually _need_ the firewall, you are going to want logs, copious
logs, of the activity.

It's not a big breach of security to log over the net, but I assume
you want your other computers off.

Of course, you could have the best of both worlds by always shutting
the router/firewall down when the main workstation is off. Then you
net boot the router from the workstation.