Re: boot error

>>>>> "hoshino" == Inc Hatsuhiro <hatuhiro@example.com> writes:

    hoshino> Every rescue floppy I have says:

    hoshino> Kernel panic : VFS : Unable to mount root fs on 03:01

Presumably that is because the "rescue floppy" (what you have is most
likely merely a boot floppy) expects to find a working installed
system on /dev/hda1.

Make a note to get a real rescue floppy, one that comes with a root
file system including "the usual set of utilities" either on floppy or
to be installed in an initrd.  I think highly of the NetBSD install
floppies, but that's a little weird for a Linux shoshinsha.  Tom's
root-boot is quite famous.  Debian's setup/rescue + initrd disk set (2
floppies) has never failed me.  There must be other good ones.  If the
archive search is working, we had a thread about this in the Spring.

Make several copies....

    hoshino> It seems a problem about file systems.

Unlikely if you are booting to install.  A correctly functioning
install CD-ROM should be able to cope with anything but broken
hardware[1].  At the very least in the standard Windows fashion:
reformat the disk and get rid of anything that's in its way!  Normally
quite a bit more flexibly....

    hoshino> Even I tried an old bootable CD-ROM of Slackware 3.6 and
    hoshino> its boot floppies I was familier with.

What error messages did those give?  Note that your boot floppy behaved
quite differently from your CD-ROM.  If the Slack CD-ROM gave the same
error as the one you're trying to install, then probably your CD-ROM
drive is broken.

    hoshino> Again, my purpose is simply to boot Linux normally from a
    hoshino> CD-ROM.  Give me chips of help.

Your CD-ROM is probably defective, or the CD-ROM drive is.  The fact
that the posters who told you so were unaware that it is a CD-ROM (and
not installed to a hard drive yet) does not change the logic.  The crc
error probably comes from zlib: the kernel itself hasn't even started
yet.  Try the CD-ROM in a different machine.

You may have other problems as well, but they would likely be hardware
problems, not the state that the hard disk was in from installing
Windose and uninstalling it.

Full information about the errors and/or other failures of the
different things you tried would help.

Footnotes:
[1]  This includes the normal operating behavior of Promise Ultra
add-on controllers, IMO.  But recent kernels can handle even that.