Re: New to Tokyo...

Hi Kris,
I am also new to Tokyo. I have found the ADSL service here is cool.
Though yahooBB is offering the ADSL service at low cost but the waiting
period is quite frustrating. I had applied for it almos 2months ago but
till this date, I am only receiving the intimation from them that
"please wait ..... blah blah ... it is going to start soon". Currently,
I am using NTT flets with Zoot. It is cool me (i am a high bandwidth
internet user). The ADSL service by NTT-FLETS costs 3800yen/pm and I got
it within seven days. As all the application procedure is in Japanese, I
took the help of my Japanese friends to complete it. Added to this ADSL,
u have to subscribe for ISP. I am using Zoot and it is  giving static IP
in 2000yen/pm. The application procedure is easy and there is no waiting
time. I am using linux in my home setup (RH7.2beta). Infact, I have
found that setting up the pppoe client is easy most from Linux. I am
using rp-pppoe....

archan

ps. I am hosting my prsonal home page and chat-server from home using my
own linux and it is running on embedded device made by laser5 named as
lboard. Infact it is my gateway and pppoe dialer..