Re: Broadband Router/Firewall

On Sun, 2 Sep 2001, roylo wrote:

> > 2. Anyone has experience with Allied Telesis's AR320?  It seems to be the
> > most featureful but has only 10Mbps interfaces on both sides, so I am
> > worried about its throughput.
> >
> > http://www.allied-telesis.co.jp/products/product/brouter/ar320/index.html
> >

> don't worry, you will never excess 10Mbps on a dsl connection.
> {Just to give you an ideal; T2 is only 6312 kbps = 6.312 Mbps}
> {And I have not seem any ISP that offer more than 5Mbps on dsl connections}

T2?  a European T2/E2 is only 2 megabits/sec, and I was led to believe
that they only exist in Europe.  Is this some special Japanese kind of T2
that you folks only have over there?  I've been around networking for
quite a while and I haven't ever run into a ~6mbit WAN circuit type
(unless you count 4 bonded T1s..)

Scott M. Stone <sstone@example.com>
Director of Information Technology, Director of Research and Development
ITIsOpen, Inc. - http://www.itisopen.com
Cisco Certified Network Associate, Sun Solaris Certified Systems Administrator