Re: Association between eth0 and 3c59x...

opps,  hit the send bottom too fast
to make long story short by doing a cat on /proc/pci will show you the
device with it's IRQ number
and then cat /proc/interrupts to find out which eth(#) device it is. (If you
have more than one eth card in this case)

example here:
doing "cat /proc/pci" you will get infos like this

Bus  0, device   9, function  0:
    Ethernet controller: 3Com Corporation 3c905C-TX [Fast Etherlink] (rev
116).
      IRQ 7.
      Master Capable.  Latency=32.  Min Gnt=10.Max Lat=10.
      I/O at 0xd000 [0xd07f].
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xe1800000 [0xe180007f].

  Bus  0, device  14, function  0:
    Ethernet controller: 3Com Corporation 3c905B 100BaseTX [Cyclone] (rev
48).
      IRQ 3.
      Master Capable.  Latency=32.  Min Gnt=10.Max Lat=10.
      I/O at 0xb000 [0xb07f].
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xe1000000 [0xe100007f].

And "cat /proc/interrupts" to match it

           CPU0
  0:   95908889          XT-PIC  timer
  1:     103276          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  3:    1123802          XT-PIC  eth1
  7:   29979290          XT-PIC  eth0
 10:          0          XT-PIC  EMU10K1
 12:     395650          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
 14:     173303          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:     236820          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0
ERR:          0
MIS:          0

So in this case we know that 3c905C-TX  is eth0 and 3c905B is eth1