Trident changes policy providing documentation to open source

I got this information from /.  don't you guys have seem it already or not

We have just learned that Trident Microsystems, Inc. has changed
their policy of providing chipset documentation to open source
projects.

So far it was possible to obtain this under an NDA which allowed
us to publicly distribute our source code.

Starting with the CyberBladeXP chipset Trident does no longer
allow this.
Therefore support for new Trident Chipsets will be very limited.

Their chipsets have been quite popular in portable systems like
notebooks and have been widely used as on-board chipsets in low
cost desktop computers.

For the CyberBladeXP this means that the chip is only supported
unaccelerated by the XFree86 Trident driver as the acceleration
functions are incompatible to those found in previous chipsets.

In the future we may not be able to support new Trident chipsets
at all.

If you would like to join our efforts to convince Trident to revise
this policy you may send email to:
               public_relations@example.com

Regards,
        Egbert.