Re: Open Source Symposium in September, 2001.

    AT> Wasn't it scheduled for Dec 7, 2001 ?

Yes.  Also the speaker schedule is more or less set (this info is very
old):

*Everything is very very tentative about the Symp*

Geoinformatics’2001
Title: New Mellinium, New Technology New Goals

Co-Sponsors/Organizers (Under consideration)
Japan Society of Geoinformatics
IIS, Tokyo University
Media Center, Osaka City University
Information Processing Society of Japan (SIG) (Not sure)
Tokyo Linux Users Group (No response to my request expect for
                         personal message from Alberto Tomita-san)

Themes (under consideration)

a) Infomation Technology Tools for Hazard Mitigation (consented)
   Prof. Herath, IIS, Tokyo University
   http://incede.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp/civil/research/hydraulic.html

b) I18n Internationalization Initiative. CJK and Open Source
Software.(needs
consent)
   Mr. Akio Kido, co-chair of Li18nux for Asia-Pacific
   http://www.li18nux.org/index_ja.jsp
   kido@example.com
c) Multiimedia on Open Source (Wants to help but no consent as yet)
   Dr. Alberto Tomita, ACM and Chairman Tokyo Linux User Group
   http://www.acm.org/
   http://tlug.linux.or.jp/
d) Internet Security
   Prof. Nakano, Media Center OCU (Consented)
   http://www.media.osaka-cu.ac.jp/~nakano/
e) Embedded Systems (most probable but not in direct contact with me)
   Prof. ???? from Toyohashi Institute of Technology
f) OODBMS and Open Source Database (seeking consent)
   Mr. Tatsuo Ishii's,
   http://www.sra.co.jp/people/t-ishii/index.html
g) XML & ISO Data Standardization Issues
   Prof. Iwamastsu Kagoshima University (most probable, related to
geodata
standards)
   http://www.sci.kagoshima-u.ac.jp/~iwamatsu/
   Prof. Sibayama, Media Center OCU. (consented)
   http://www.media.osaka-cu.ac.jp/~sibayama/
h) Spatial Information Systems
  Prof. Shibasaki, CSIS, Tokyo Univ. (needs consent, perhaps OK)
  http://shiba.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp/EGAIY.HTM
  Dr. Chang Jo Chung, Tokyo University (needs consent, maybe OK)
  Talk on spatial prediction models
  Dr. Chung is originally from Geological Survey of Canada
  presently at Univ of Tokyo on a sabbatical
  http://www.nrcan.gc.ca/gsc/mrd/sdalweb/sdalhome.htm
i) Economics of Open Source Software
   Dr. Stephen J. Turnbull
   Tsukuba University