Re: double boot (NT) probs

Thank you for the reply.
Sorry for the delay in getting back.

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001, Bryan Mark wrote:

> Well, this very well could be a symptom caused by Linux's good Pnp support?

> Speaking of which if you ever enable a PnP operating system in your bios
> this could cause lots of headaches for Linux.

I will check on this, thank you.

For the benefit of people who might encounter a
similar problem when trying to boot from Linux
into an NT system, I report a "fix" which at least
allows one to save a bit of time and headache.

Following advice sent to me directly, I tried a
few variations and found that the hang can be
avoided by doing a shutdown from Linux, powering
down, powering up and going into NT (from lilo),
rather than rebooting from Linux into NT.

Still a hassle, but better than before; much
easier to live with.

Thank to all for your kind advice.

Tony Laszlo
http://www.issho.org/laszlo.html