From: Jimmy Lefkowitz [mailto:jlefkowitz@example.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2001 8:04 AM
To: tlug@example.com
Subject: ipchains question

Hello,

I am new to ipchains (and firewalls in general).
I am running a 2.2 debian linux with an adsl
connection (pppoe).

Once I set the default input chain behavior to DENY,
no matter what other rules I set, I cannot get named
to work. I have tried just accepting all tcp packets
from anywhere to anywhere on any port and I still
cannot get named to work. I can get ping to work
on ip addresses by accepting the appropriate icmp
packets.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jimmy

Next Nomikai Meeting:    Fri, Aug 17 19:30-  Tengu Tokyo Eki-Mae
Next Technical Meeting:  Sat, Sep 15 13:30-  Akasaka Kumin Center