Re: "not cleanly unmounted" devices when rebooting

Hector Akamine (akamine@example.com) wrote:

> Almost every time I reboot my PC (using shutdown, reboot or
> Ctrl+Alt+Del) I get a "/dev/sda5 was not cleanly unmounted, check
> forced" message, and linux proceeds to check the HD. I think any of

During shutdown, what messages do you see regarding unmounting of
drives?  Where is  /dev/sda5 mounted?

It's most likely that something isn't working correctly during
shutdown and /dev/sda5 is not unmounted successfully, rather
than it's not trying to unmount it.

Jonathan