vmware

Hi all,

I'd like to know if someone here on this list is using vmware and
can answer this question:

At my University we have a few dual boot Win/Linux systems.
Some of them are running Windoze most of the time, so I thought it
may be good to install vmware on them so that it will be started at
boot time, so I can ssh to the Linux part even if it's running Windows
at the moment...
Only problem I see with this is wether vmware could somehow
tell the underlying Linux system when it is to be shut down because
of a reboot and if it is at all possible to run vmware as a service like
this...

So... does someone know if this would work ?
Maybe for the first part one could write a daemon to communicate with
the Windows system...

--
Tobias							     PGP-Key: 0x9AC7E0BC