FTP through dual firewalls

Hi,

Question of the day: How is ftp possible through multiple firewalls?

I have a server behind an iptables firewall which has to be accessed by
clients behind another NATted iptables firewall. It looks something like
this (ips changed to protect the guilty):

Local (192.168.0.x) -----> Router(192.168.0.1 - 11.11.11.257) ----->
Server with firewall(11.257.11.11)

Whether the mode is set to passive or active, listing or any other
actions on the server fails. The initial connection works fine.

ftp to any other external server from Local also works fine. ftp from
anywhere else to the firewalled server also works fine. ssh works
perfectly, but thats not an option.

Im guessing I might have to use the ftp netfilter module. Is that
correct? Any other solutions?

Thanks,

41 53 5A