RE: Linux firewall for a Samba || NT file server

if you use FTP, some things that make it harder to use as a warez server
are this:

make the upload directory writable but not readable. this prevents people
from seeing recently uploads items, when you have checked then, just put
then in a r/o dir.

this may sound nuts but.... if you use ncftp, get the *latest* source
(check regularly) and change it to print a fake version number. if you
use an early version number, it means that potential intruders/script
kiddies will try older vounerabilities and fail. security by obscurity.

also follow the ftpd setup for anonftp in `man ftp` or the ftp howto.

Tim.