Re: Soundcard

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 02:56:10PM +0900, Dan Lindfield wrote:
<snip>
> I have a laptop ATLAS Flyer 4700SE, Atlas is a subsidiary of Hi-grade, a
> UK/Taiwanese company.
> It is fitted with a VIA Technologies chipset Sound card which shares an
> IRQ with the USB port. I cannot get the machine to utter anything, it
> remains silent.
<snip>

Can you show us the output when executing the "lspci" command or
"cat /proc/pci"? This will help us understand your hardware setup.
If you have the "si" program installed, please send us this output
instead; if not, don't worry about installing it.

Also, can you tell us a little about your BIOS settings for your
hardware? Mention what is enabled and what is disabled. This will
help in troubleshooting the problem.

The more information you provide us the better the chance we have
to provide a solution to your problem.

-- Uva Coder