RE: Kana/Kanji

On 26-Jul-2001 Ahmed Sarwar Liton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to write some Japanese
> by pressing shift+space, but I have an error
> message: "Conversion Server not found".Can
> somebody tell me what a conversion server is
> and where to find it? Thanks.
>
> My OS ver is RH7.1

Make sure these are set:

XMODIFIERS="@example.com=kinput2"
LANG=ja_JP.ujis
LC_ALL=ja_JP.ujis
LINGUAS="ja_JP.ujis"
LESSCHARSET=japanese

Then do:

kinput2 -canna&

Then open a kterm and test it.

You have to already be running the cannaserver (at startup) and have the
appropriate Japanese packages installed.
Stuart Luppescu         -=-=-  University of Chicago
$(B:MJ8$HCRF`H~$NIc(B        -=-=-  s-luppescu@example.com
http://www.consortium-chicago.org/people/sl.html
http://musuko.uchicago.edu/pubkey.asc for PGP Public Key
ICQ #21172047  AIM: psycho7070
People tend to make rules for others and exceptions for themselves.