Automating multiple font encoding additions in fonts.dir

OK, so I have a problem (related to the Unicode fonts I talked about
earlier) where I have some RPMs built with some TrueType Unicode fonts.
In the %Postin and %Postun I need to automate adding these fonts to the
fonts.dir files in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType directry with their
Unicode (iso10646-1) encodings and not (or at least, in addition to) their
iso8859-x encodings.

I use ttmkfdir to do this currently.  However, most unicode TruType fonts
which have multiple encodings (iso8859-x, iso10646-1, etc), list iso8859-x
encodings first and iso10646-1 encodings somewhere after that.  The
problem is that ttmkfdir always chooses the first encoding to add to the
fonts.dir and stops there, not adding any more encodings.  Also, I see no
way of forceing ttmkfdir to choose another encoding than the first one
listed.  Not that this would matter, as the next TTF rpm to be installed
(or the next person to install by hand a true type font) will blow the
custom encodings away because it mostl likely won't set up all encodings
either.

What I guess I need, after thinking about this, is a ttmkfdir that either
always sets up only the iso10646-1 if they exist, or sets up entries for
_all_ encodings in a TTF.

Does this all make sense?  Are there patches to make ttmkfdir do all
encodings?  Any other ideas about doing this in an automated fasion?

Thanks.

--
Marc C.
http://www.mecworks.com