Re: Hardware

SN_Diamond (Norman.Diamond@example.com) wrote:

> I think your machine was new in 1996, and it wasn't Compaq yet.

Oops, I take it back, I bought the battery in 1999, but the machine
wasn't new in 1996.  It's much older than that.  Nobody made
new 486-75 machines in 1996.  In fact, the 486 was probably already
out of production by then.  You could get 486-100s in 1995, though.
I think this machine was built around 1994.

640 x 480 screen, 340 disk (somebody upgraded it to 500 before
I got it, an aftermarket mod.  A 500 meg disk is not on the
DEC spec list for the machine) and it maxes at 24 meg memory.
It had less when I bought it, but I got an upgrade for it.

Jonathan